The Truth About Spillover

The TRUTH about Spillover

The truth is, in most programs, you will not receive any. But, even if you do get some, it will NEVER be enough to make any real income.

I have been marketing on the Internet for 7 years now, and I have been in many, many programs that roped me in with the promise of spillover.

Now, let me make one thing clear. I don't have any problem getting signups for my programs. In fact, most of the time, I am the one giving spillover to my downline members, so I do not depend on spillover to make money in any program.

But, the more I learn about these program, the more I know that I CANNOT promote the promise of spillover to others.

Yes, I have done so in the past...most recently with PixMeUp. I sincerely thought I was doing my referrals a favor my asking them to join under me. I knew that I could bring in a ton of people, which I did. But, in the end, most of my downline didn't make anything at all, even though I did bring in many members.

SIDENOTE: PixMeUp is no longer online - and the owners didn't even have the decency to inform its members of its demise.

The truth is, unless you fall on your sponsor's first level, you are going to receive very little spillover, even if your sponsor recruits a ton of people.

That's why I am having a very hard time with all of the emails being sent out about ProWealthSolutions. In fact, it just pisses me off to read the crap that reads:

"Make $1,092 a month Passive Income" or "Make Over $1,000 Monthly Doing NOTHING!"

It's just bull, and it will NOT happen in any Matrix.

Now, in the case of ProWealthSolutions, the company is using a Powerline Script which makes you believe you can earn money by all those in the Powerline who fall beneath you.

Just think about it for a minute. How can you possibly be paid on every person who falls under you in the powerline? Let's see, if everyone gets paid on everyone who falls below them in the powerline, where is all that money going to come from?

The truth is, you do get paid on the first 3 members who upgrade in your powerline, but that only amounts to $8. The only way you will make any additional money passively is if your matrix gets filled via the efforts of your upline or downline.

Now, please read carefully this email I received from another marketer whose opinion I value:

====================================

A few days ago I signed up for the free tour.

I am number 18916 in the matrix. As of the cutoff date of 8/10/06 about 17.5% of the people below mehad upgraded.

Based on that percentage of people upgrading ABOVE me, and the company description of the matrix filling top to bottom, left to right, the position I would have in the matrix if I upgraded would need 6563 upgraded people below me to make $3!

I had 4000 or so below me, so I would have been 2/3 of the way to making $3. Then, I would ONLY need 13,179 more people to earn $9.After that, I would need just 45,935 more upgraded members to BREAK EVEN at$35!

That's only 61,677 additional upgraded members needed below ME! I can't even count high enough to figure out how many need to come in below those 62,000for THEM to break even, so they continue to pay the monthly fee?

=====================================

Now, is that a REALITY CHECK or what?

Please read my post below to see how I got roped into the LAST of these programs, and please don't let the same thing happen to you.

7 comments:

Voyager said...

Just wanted to say thanks for an excellent blog.

It is nice to hear from someone who suppresses their excitement long enough to engage their brain and work out the figures.

One of my own pet gripes is 'cut and paste' letters purporting to have been written by individuals. I got one today giving the pros and cons of DeskTopLightning - however when you've already received five identical ones from different people that all claim to have been personally authored by the sender it does devalue their words.

Keep up the good work.

Paul Penafiel said...

Hello Cynthia,

I have just started reading your free ebook and you're right, it's a good read.

You've made several great points about spillover, if people only took the time to break down the numbers and know how hard it is to recruit active paying members, they would stay away from it but most of them fall prey to false promises. Been there, done that !

Keep up what you're doing, you have a great blog and never be afraid to tell the truth.

Paul Penafiel

Unknown said...

Cynthia
My friend was an origional enrollee in ProWealthSolutions. He paid the $70.00 sign-up fee and according to their stats has approx 25,000 paid downline and 666,000 pre enrollees which he is supposed to get a buck or two bonus. He has been paid $8.00 total. Please help us with your expertise. nevadaclay@yahoo.com

Chuck Bartok said...

Thank you for your Candor.

We are new to the world of Internet but not marketing.
47 years of success in Direct response and Networking has proved the system for Financial Freedom for us.

Definition of Purpose, Burning Desire, shared with a Master MInd Alliance, A clear and Concise Business Plan, and the Massive Action to put into Force.

We have been discussing the above
at great length the Book, Think & Grow Rich.

Download past Episodes here,

www.focussociety.com

Join us Live or just listen in.

Chuck Bartok
www.chuckbartok.com

John Chambers' Says said...

Thanks Cynthia.

You're right on the money. I too got sucked into the massive spillover promised by PWS. Yes $1092 sounds very enticing, but proves to be c**p. With nearly a million pre-enrollees and over 40,000 paid up members under me I earned an incredible $8 bonus which was the only payment I received over 6 or 7 months. I know, I'm a slow learner, but I did learn and I cancelled.

And now the same owner/promoter is hawking My World Plus. MWP offers exactly the same scenario, same spillover promises and like you, I have been approached by people whom I trusted but will never deal with again for hawking these rip-offs.

From now on I'll stick to my build-it-slow and build-it-forever business that pays like clockwork. No more spillover rubbish, no more "You never need to recruit anyone". It's all c**p. As we all know, or we all should know, there really is no such thing as a free ride, you are rewarded according to the effort you put in. No effort, no reward - Know effort, know reward.

I continue to promote hard work within my downline and fortunately a number have listened and applied themselves to a stage where they are now making good monthly returns. Personally sponsored front line affiliates with whom I have established a solid friendship have duplicated my efforts to all of our benefit. My advice has been for our team to; Go Wide (Width means wealth) and Go Deep (Depth brings stability).

Thanks again for your blog Cynthia, keep up the good work.

John Chambers
http://www.website.ws/irangi

Unknown said...

hi Cynthia
iam very meet you thanks for your sent have anice day
Best Regards
lahcene

lahcene007 said...

hi Cynthia
iam very happy to read you thanks for your Agree ifind it great but toobad ihavn't visa card to apply it made me domage iam sorry ilike to do buisness but how?
Best Regards
Lahcene