It's Cynthia Howard here. It's been awhile I know.
I have had lots of computer troubles over the last
few months, but I'm back to work now.

And, I am more determined than ever to make sure
that you don't WASTE your money online.

HINT: NEVER purchase a PC over the Internet, unless
it is through a store in your area. If you ever have
a problem with it, you want to be able to take it
to a local service repair center.

HORROR STORY: I bought an Acer Ferrari two years ago
through an online store. I had some minor problems
during the first year, but I ignored them, since I
was still able to use it to get my work done.

Well, finally the problems escalated to the point
where I could no longer work around them.

HINT: IF you do have a problem with your PC, or
any other machine under warranty, during the warranty
period, TAKE CARE OF IT PRONTO. DO NOT wait until
the warranty period expires. IF you are having problems
with it now, they are NOT going to magically go away!

Now, when I finally did get around to sending in my PC,
it cost me hours of work, backing it up first, which
is another thing you DO NOT want to put off. Then,
I had to send it all the way to Texas (from NY),
and I had to pay for the privilege of doing so.

Well, to make a long story short, they had my PC
for one full month, during which time, I did finally
get some house cleaning done...but that's another
story altogether.

The point is - I had NO laptop to work on for one month!

Oh Misery....as if that weren't enough. It cost me
$450 just to have them repair my PC. Well, my bad,
because I was in CompUSA yesterday, and I saw brand
new, beautiful laptops in there for just twice that.

But, anyway, I finally did get it back, and then I
spent a week just getting all my software and files
back onto it, and FINALLY I am getting back to work.

=================================================

OK, enough of that. Let's get down to business.

Have you seen those programs out there which
promote using the Powerline System?

There are a few of them:

MyWorldPlus
ProBuilderPlus
ProWealthSuccees
WealthTekk
VemmaBuilder

Those are just a few, but there are many more
I'm sure.

Here's the thing about those programs. They all
use a very deceptive marketing system called
the Powerline System. I first saw this system
in operation many years ago.

In fact, many of us marketing pro's are used to
seeing it, and we know it for what it is, but there
are lots of others, including newbies, who are still
being duped by this system.

Here's how it works.

You come across a website. The words on the website
are compelling and they ask you to fill out a form
so you can take a free tour to find out more.

Ok...you do that. You go on to take the tour. You
think it looks interesting, and you decide you'll
look again later, maybe later during the week.

Well, during the week, your email starts filling up
with urgent notices stating that you have money
coming to you if ONLY you will upgrade before a
certain date.

The emails might look similar to this:

Cynthia, You have money coming - Chris just Upgraded

BEWARE: when you get one of these emails. IGNORE IT!

You see, it's just a BIG FAT LIE.

There is NO Money Coming to you. The fact that Chris
just upgraded means absolutely nothing as far as
YOUR pocketbook is concerned. NOTHING.

Fact is, unless you personally recruited Chris, his
upgrading means nothing to you.

The only thing it means is that Chris has joined
under someone else in the company, via somebody's
efforts, and that he is now in the downline of
that person.

What that does is it triggers a message which goes
out to EVERYONE in the company, stating that someone
has joined.

So What?????

Who cares if someone has joined the company?

Do you care, if that person is NOT going to increase
your income? No, you don't care. So, DO NOT pay any
attention to those email messages.

End of Story.

I hope I can save even one person from falling victim
to this BOGUS marketing system.

If I have helped you, please let me know.

Sincerely, and until next time...

My Personal Website

6 comments:

Will Buckley said...

Great advice Cynthia (that's my wifes name too). I did fall for that one with VemmaBuilder several years ago.

I never made any money and the stuff doesn't taste so hot.

On the plus side it got me addicted to online money making.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cynthia for your comments. Yes
I am a newbies and I almost join this system saying I miss placing this person. But I decided not to.

Thanks again, your blog has been very helpful especially for the newbies in the internet. I have never made any money yet,I am still trying to find a good program to give me a bit of extra income.

Violeta

Shopping Kharma said...

I too fell for these as a newbie. I can't believe there are so many scoundrels out there.

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, I really enjoy reading your comments. You're the real deal, GirlFriend! As a network marketing newbie, just a year ago I joined Vemma. I was willing to give it a year. Their mangosteen and minerals is expensive and not that effective; then you pay for the VemmaBuilder too. All these downline systems are bogus. Not to mention the paltry monthly commission checks you receive unless you have 300 people in your downline. But did I learn? No! I had that MLM "Jones." Later I got into ProBuilderPlus and GDI. Sorry GDI peeps. Hope PIF works out for you all. Can they PIF for the thousands you need to make that income for life in GDI at this juncture? I think not. Are the owners of GDI living large and getting richer by the minute? I think so. Are they network marketers. I don't think so. They OWN GDI! Warren Buffet, Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki buy network marketing companies! That's what they mean when they say if they were starting over again they'd go into network marketing; not as MLMers, but as MLM company owners. They don't have to worry about attrition. Keep the real talk coming, Cynthia. I have finally found a program that provides me with an excellent additional income stream every month. - Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cynthia,
I read your blog and other sites with much interest and delight! You are so honest and straightforward with your opinions, and we really do need more of that! Good going!

I also have a blog (for newbies). Check it out at http://www.shufflintowork.blogspot.com. I am going to be adding more in the line of your information on there. Would you be interested in trading links with me?

Keep up the good work. I'm for you 100%.

Joyce Green

Rob Bennett said...

I am glad to see this article. Even though it is a bit old, I have just started receiving those emails. I did not join, but I figure they have to be scams because they are addressed to a different person! Namely some woman. When I click the link, it fills in her name, as though it wants me to be dishonest and steal her position. I guess some internet marketers have adapted the Nigerian scam tactics.